Tax / Experienced / Associate
Associate or Senior Tax Associate, Income Franchise Tax (SALT)
Ft Lauderdale, FL; Tampa, FL
At KPMG, you can become an integral part of a dynamic team at one of the worlds top tax firms. Enjoy a collaborative, future-forward culture that empowers your success. Work with KPMGs extensive network of specialists & enjoy access to our Ignition Centers, where deep industry knowledge merges with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative tax solutions. Join a diverse team helping high-profile clients understand, analyze, and respond to complex business opportunities and challenges. Develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, and informal mentoring.
At KPMG, we believe nothing is more important than investing in our culture because its an investment in our people, our future, and what we stand for as a firm.
KPMG is currently seeking a Tax Senior Associate or Associate to join our State and Local Tax (SALT) practice.
- Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax issues including income tax compliance and related research
- Help clients with tax issues related to state and local income and franchise taxes
- Prepare state income and franchise tax estimated payments, extensions and tax returns
- Assist in handling notices received from state tax authorities
- Research and draft technical memoranda related to state and local tax issues
- Review state income and franchise tax estimated payments, extensions and tax returns
- A minimum of one year of experience performing tax research, preparing state income tax returns and providing technical advice on multi-state tax issues
- Master's degree from an accredited college/university (or Bachelor's degree with requisite hours to pursue CPA certification) or JD/LLM
- Ability to foster relationships both internally as well as with clients
- Excellent writing, compliance, communication, and tax research skills
- Capability and desire to perform in a high-energy team environment
- A minimum of three years of experience performing tax research, preparing state income tax returns and providing technical advice on multi-state tax issues
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations in regards to displaying salary ranges. If required, the salary range(s) are displayed below and are specifically for those potential hires who will perform work in or reside in the location(s) listed, if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data, ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD, technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: Low: $58700 - High: $82200
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).