Advisory / Early Career / Internship
Advisory Intern, Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk | Multiple Locations Summer 2024
Irvine, CA; Los Angeles, CA
If you are currently pursuing college coursework or have completed a bachelor’s degree or higher in the past 12 months.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to one role for which they are qualified, that is of the greatest interest.
Start Season & Year: Summer 2024
Earliest Graduation Date: Dec 2024
Latest Graduation Date: Sep 2025
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking an Advisory Intern for our Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk practice in Consulting.
- Perform analytical reviews of key client processes and connection to enabling IT systems
- Identify internal controls within business processes
- Conduct cyclical internal control testing and analyze results; work on multi-disciplinary teams and build skills and core competencies, with rich experiences and unique perspective to serve clients of all sizes from diverse industries
- Complete quantitative and qualitative analysis through variety of data analytic tools and techniques and visualize results
- Grow a command over all aspects of a data driven internal audit process and throughout the entire project lifecycle to deliver high-impact performance results
- Identify, develop and communicate findings and recommendations to key team and client leadership
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing the following degrees/majors; Bachelors or Masters Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or MIS with a minor in Accounting
- Must have a current/most recent GPA of 3.00 or above
- Coursework in Audit preferred
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques
- Strong technical aptitude, critical thinking skills, demonstrated quality service mindset and ability to navigate MS Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication, time management and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; and resourceful in delivering high quality work
- Work location may be in the office, at client sites, or virtual/remote depending on business need. You must be located within the U.S. when working remotely. Client site locations may require travel and overnight/extended stay.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future. KPMG LLP will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work visa status for this opportunity (no sponsorship is available for H-1B, L-1, TN, O-1, E-3, H-1B1, F-1, J-1, OPT, CPT or any other employment-based visa)
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations in regards to displaying salary ranges. If required, the salary range(s) are displayed below and are specifically for those potential hires who will perform work in or reside in the location(s) listed, if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data, ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD, technology), for example.Los Angeles / Irvine / Santa Clara / San Diego / San Francisco Salary: $88000
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).
You should match your educational credentials, graduation date, experience and interests with those required in the job posting.
You can easily search job postings and apply quickly for any job, for which you are eligible, on the KPMG website. Click “Job Search” in the toolbar above to get started. You’ll need 10 minutes, your resume and unofficial transcripts.
Yes! You will still need your resume and you will be able to upload it during the application process.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to one role for which they are qualified, that is of the greatest interest. You won't be able to interview for multiple positions simultaneously. If you're unsure about what to pursue, take the time to research our practice areas.
Interview selections are made as quickly as possible, typically within 2 weeks of applying.
You’ll participate in two live video interviews.
Offer decisions are typically made within two weeks of interviewing. Interviews typically occur on a rolling basis until the opportunity is filled, and within one-two weeks of being selected to interview. Specifics vary by KPMG office, but you'll hear promptly if we are extending a job offer or an invitation to visit KPMG in person.