Business Support Services / Early Career / Internship
Embark Scholar Intern - Accounting | Multiple Locations Summer 2023
If you are currently pursuing college coursework or have completed a bachelor’s degree or higher in the past 12 months.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to one role for which they are qualified, that is of the greatest interest.
Start Season & Year: Summer 2023
Earliest Graduation Date: Dec 2024
Latest Graduation Date: Sep 2027
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Embark Scholar Intern - Accounting for our Embark Scholars program.
- Research, analyze and communicate the key qualitative work on project teams focused on client service delivery
- Provide a spectrum of assignments across practices; work as part of the engagement teams to support the use of audit methodology and Data and Analytics (D&A) and tax and advisory related tasks which include data extractions and data analysis
- Assist engagement teams to create work paper files, prepare client reports and deliverables and organize business development activities
- Assist with identifying the scope of engagement capabilities, review the client materials, provide insights gained and propose how analysis can be leveraged to execute
- Leverage a range of technologies and analytics tools
- Contribute to the integrity and transparency of financial information
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing or intending to pursue the following degrees/majors: Bachelor or Master of Accountancy, Taxation, or other related degree
- Interest in obtaining CPA eligibility is preferred for accounting majors
- Candidates must have completed at least 1 semester (or equivalent for quarter schools) of coursework at the time of application
- Upon completion of this internship candidates must have at least 3 additional semesters (or equivalent for quarter schools) to complete before obtaining their degree and/or CPA eligibility requirements
- Preferred GPA of 3.00 or above
- Applicants who identify as a member of either traditionally underrepresented racial and ethnic minority groups within the professional services industry (Black or African-American, Hispanic or Latinx, American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander or two or more races) are strongly encouraged to apply
- Demonstrated quality service mindset and interest in related field
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to navigate MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication, task, time management and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; and resourceful in delivering high quality work
- Demonstrates interest, commitment and/or active involvement in creating a culture that strives for equity and embraces, respects and values differences among all people
- Work location may be in the office but could be at client sites, some of which may require travel and overnight/extended stay (varies by office)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future. KPMG LLP will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work visa status for this opportunity (no sponsorship is available for H-1B, L-1, TN, O-1, E-3, H-1B1, F-1, J-1, OPT, CPT or any other employment-based visa)
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations in regards to displaying salary ranges. If required, the salary range(s) are displayed below and are specifically for those potential hires who will perform work in or reside in the location(s) listed, if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data, ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD, technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: Low: $58000 - High: $60000
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).
You should match your educational credentials, graduation date, experience and interests with those required in the job posting.
You can easily search job postings and apply quickly for any job, for which you are eligible, on the KPMG website. Click “Job Search” in the toolbar above to get started. You’ll need 10 minutes, your resume and unofficial transcripts.
Yes! You will still need your resume and you will be able to upload it during the application process.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to one role for which they are qualified, that is of the greatest interest. You won't be able to interview for multiple positions simultaneously. If you're unsure about what to pursue, take the time to research our practice areas.
Interview selections are made as quickly as possible, typically within 2 weeks of applying.
You’ll participate in two live video interviews.
Offer decisions are typically made within two weeks of interviewing. Interviews typically occur on a rolling basis until the opportunity is filled, and within one-two weeks of being selected to interview. Specifics vary by KPMG office, but you'll hear promptly if we are extending a job offer or an invitation to visit KPMG in person.