Tax / Early Career / Early Career
Tax Associate, Business Tax Services | Multiple Locations Fall 2023
Atlanta, GA; Baton Rouge, LA; Harrisburg, PA; Irvine, CA; Lincoln, NE; Miami, FL; Minneapolis, MN; New Orleans, LA; Omaha, NE; Orlando, FL; Philadelphia, PA; Pittsburgh, PA; Salt Lake City, UT; San Francisco, CA; Santa Clara, CA; Tampa, FL; Tempe, AZ; Walnut Creek, CA
If you are currently pursuing college coursework or have completed a bachelor’s degree or higher in the past 12 months.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to one role for which they are qualified, that is of the greatest interest.
Start Season & Year: Fall 2023
Earliest Graduation Date: Jun 2022
Latest Graduation Date: Sep 2023
At KPMG, you can become an integral part of a dynamic team at one of the world's top tax firms. Enjoy a collaborative, future-forward culture that empowers your success. Work with KPMG's extensive network of specialists & enjoy access to our Ignition Centers, where deep industry knowledge merges with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative tax solutions. Join a diverse team helping high-profile clients understand, analyze, and respond to complex business opportunities and challenges. Develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, and informal mentoring. At KPMG, we believe nothing is more important than investing in our culture because it's an investment in our people, our future, and what we stand for as a firm.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate for our Business Tax Services (BTS) practice.
- Assist clients with their tax planning, compliance and consulting needs
- Supervise and allocate the work of shared services team members and interns
- Prepare and/or review tax provisions for financial statements, including coordinating and working with the audit team
- Analyze, prepare and review tax workpapers and returns, estimated payments and extensions
- Research and draft technical memoranda for compliance and consulting projects
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other taxing authorities, including tax controversy support
- Utilize new technologies and tools for client service delivery and participate in technology development initiatives, including bot development and use of Alteryx and other data enablement tools
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop and sustain excellent client relationships
- Keep up to date on tax technical developments
- Must be pursuing and have obtained by the start date or have completed the following degrees/majors in the past 12 months; Bachelors and/or Masters degree in business, accounting, finance, taxation, mathematics, economics, information technology, data and analytics, engineering (financial, industrial or systems) or related fields from an accredited college or university
- Preferred: Degrees and/or areas of study: Accounting and Taxation
- Must have or be pursuing the state-specific education requirements to be a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the principal place of business for this position; a short-term plan for completion of such educational requirements following the start date for this position is required, with completion of such educational requirements prior to the start date for this position preferred
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or above
- Coursework or minor in information systems, software engineering, computer science or data and analytics preferred
- Demonstrated quality service mindset; strong technical aptitude, critical thinking skills and ability to navigate MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook; excellent communication, time management and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; and resourceful in delivering high quality work
- Ability to travel and/or work on-site at client premises as needed, at times with relatively short notice
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future is preferred
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations in regards to displaying salary ranges. If required, the salary range(s) are displayed below and are specifically for those potential hires who will perform work in or reside in the location(s) listed, if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data, ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD, technology), for example.
San Francisco / Santa Clara / Walnut Creek Salary Range: Low $77000 - High: $83000 Los Angeles / Irvine Salary Range: Low $72000 - High: $75000 San Diego Salary Range: Low $75000 - High: $75000 Sacramento Salary Range: Low $70000 - High: $72000
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).
You should match your educational credentials, graduation date, experience and interests with those required in the job posting.
You can easily search job postings and apply quickly for any job, for which you are eligible, on the KPMG website. Click “Job Search” in the toolbar above to get started. You’ll need 10 minutes, your resume and unofficial transcripts.
Yes! You will still need your resume and you will be able to upload it during the application process.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to one role for which they are qualified, that is of the greatest interest. You won't be able to interview for multiple positions simultaneously. If you're unsure about what to pursue, take the time to research our practice areas.
Interview selections are made as quickly as possible, typically within 2 weeks of applying.
You’ll participate in two live video interviews.
Offer decisions are typically made within two weeks of interviewing. Interviews typically occur on a rolling basis until the opportunity is filled, and within one-two weeks of being selected to interview. Specifics vary by KPMG office, but you'll hear promptly if we are extending a job offer or an invitation to visit KPMG in person.