Tax / Early Career / Early Career
Tax Associate, International Tax | Multiple Locations Fall 2023
Detroit, MI; Philadelphia, PA; Pittsburgh, PA; San Francisco, CA; Santa Clara, CA; Tempe, AZ
If you are currently pursuing college coursework or have completed a bachelor’s degree or higher in the past 12 months.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to one role for which they are qualified, that is of the greatest interest.
Start Season & Year: Fall 2023
Earliest Graduation Date: Jun 2022
Latest Graduation Date: Sep 2023
At KPMG, you can become an integral part of a dynamic team at one of the world's top tax firms. Enjoy a collaborative, future-forward culture that empowers your success. Work with KPMG's extensive network of specialists & enjoy access to our Ignition Centers, where deep industry knowledge merges with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative tax solutions. Join a diverse team helping high-profile clients understand, analyze, and respond to complex business opportunities and challenges. Develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, and informal mentoring.
At KPMG, we believe nothing is more important than investing in our culture because it's an investment in our people, our future, and what we stand for as a firm.
KPMG is currently seeking a Tax Associate to join our International Tax practice.
- Consult multinational enterprises on business decisions, such as where to locate and operate, supply chain optimization and how to access and mobilize capital to fund global operations
- Strategically advise and model clients on tax planning decisions, including helping our clients anticipate and understand the potential short- and long-term considerations while taking into account a multinationals tax risk profile, global effective tax rate and income tax treaty planning opportunities arising from inbound and outbound cross-border investing and trading activities Structure the tax aspects of multinational private equity and strategic mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, dispositions and IPOs, along with drafting tax opinions, memos, structure decks and Excel models (illustrating the tax benefits of alternative structures) in collaboration with the Mergers & Acquisition Tax team
- Assist multinational enterprises with preparing the tax provision for its financial statements and preparing and/or reviewing the U.S. tax return, as well as assisting KPMG audit teams with reviewing the financial reporting of tax implications arising from its global operations and transactions
- Prepare and review complex tax models illustrating multinational entities attributes, effective tax rate and cash tax expense
- Provide aspects of related tax activities to alternative investment companies at various stages of the investment life cycle for both asset managers and portfolio companies operating globally
- Must be pursuing and have obtained by the start date or have completed the following degrees/majors in the past 12 months; Bachelors and/or Masters degree in accounting, finance, taxation, mathematics, economics, information technology, data and analytics, engineering (financial, industrial or systems) or related fields from an accredited college or university
- Preferred: Degrees and/or areas of study: Accounting and Taxation
- Must be pursuing the state-specific education requirements to be a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the principal place of business (the state in which the office is located) for this position, with completion prior to the start date for this position
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or above
- Knowledge of a broad range of U.S. international and domestic tax law provisions
- Demonstrated quality service mindset; strong technical aptitude, critical thinking and research skills and ability to navigate MS Office applications (including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook) and use Excel modeling
- Excellent communication, time management and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; and resourceful in delivering high quality work
- Ability to travel and/or work on-site at client premises as needed, at times with relatively short notice
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future is preferred
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations in regards to displaying salary ranges. If required, the salary range(s) are displayed below and are specifically for those potential hires who will perform work in or reside in the location(s) listed, if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data, ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD, technology), for example.
San Francisco / Santa Clara Salary Range: Low $77000 - High: $83000
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).
You should match your educational credentials, graduation date, experience and interests with those required in the job posting.
You can easily search job postings and apply quickly for any job, for which you are eligible, on the KPMG website. Click “Job Search” in the toolbar above to get started. You’ll need 10 minutes, your resume and unofficial transcripts.
Yes! You will still need your resume and you will be able to upload it during the application process.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to one role for which they are qualified, that is of the greatest interest. You won't be able to interview for multiple positions simultaneously. If you're unsure about what to pursue, take the time to research our practice areas.
Interview selections are made as quickly as possible, typically within 2 weeks of applying.
You’ll participate in two live video interviews.
Offer decisions are typically made within two weeks of interviewing. Interviews typically occur on a rolling basis until the opportunity is filled, and within one-two weeks of being selected to interview. Specifics vary by KPMG office, but you'll hear promptly if we are extending a job offer or an invitation to visit KPMG in person.